May 13, 2009

Local Kids








We have a new site www.g-lish.org where you can read all articles from This is Ghana in a much more organised fashion. Read Local Kids there.


"Snap me" is a phrase that will follow you wherever children and your camera intersect. Usually I have a hard time photographing people up close; I feel like I'm invading their space and privacy, particularly knowing many Ghanaians don't like to be photographed. So, I don't hide my camera when I'm out to take photos and I wait to be invited to photograph people. If I'm not invited, I don't zoom in, but rather stick to scenes of an impersonal nature. Some people I know have no qualms photographing people but after asking permission to do so. So, while I was watching the local Barca versus Chelsea match, when the kids asked to be "snapped" I snapped away. I'll print them for the kids and give the photos as gifts--Ghanaians love to have their own photos. Here are some wonderful photos from the kids around home this week...have you ever seen a cooler kid than the one in the hat at the top? Way too cool for this town!

2 comments:

  1. I love my Ghana. It unique and so natural. I cant ever find a duplicate anywhere.

    Edward.
    http://tagoeblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you Edward!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...