August 28, 2009

Currency and money in Ghana

We have a new site www.g-lish.org where you can read all articles from This is Ghana in a much more organised fashion. Read Currency and money in Ghana there.

I found a couple of useful links that might help familiarise you with the Ghana Cedi before arriving.

The first one is from the an official government site regarding the redenomination of the Cedi in 2007. It shows the new notes and how to translate it from the old currency, still quoted on the street. Go HERE for that link.

Here is a currency converter that includes the Cedi!!!

Clap for Oanda!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info Gayle. I'm going to be spending a month at Komfo Anokye Hospital in Kumasi in January and your blog is giving me some good insight into Ghana before I get there!
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. Let me know if you have any more questions.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...